Something for Everyone!

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Thrifting for Dogs and Cats!


This thrift store was small but packed with plenty of goodies and overflowing with love. 

I came across this shop online and decided I had to pay them a visit.  Being an animal lover I was drawn in by the fact that 100% of the proceeds go to the rescue of dogs and cats.  I’ve rescued and adopted several animals over the years and have a giant soft spot for neglected, abandoned and abused animals.

The manager greets her customers cheerfully and lets them know right off the bat that every purchase goes to helping rescued dogs and cats.  I could tell that in the short amount of time I was there Stacey gets a lot of repeat customers.  I know they come for the nice variety of unique, inexpensive items – and to help the animals, of course.  But I’m sure they also return because of Stacey’s perky personality.  You can tell she loves what she’s doing and that everyone’s patronage means so much to her.

If you see something you like, you’d better nab it.  Stacey says she gets a lot of donations but her merchandise sells very quickly.  So when I spotted the candlestick-matchbox holder, pictured below, I grabbed it.   I’ve been looking all over for one of those things!  Not really - I just thought it was so darn cute.  And I do burn a lot of candles and incense so it’ll be put to good use storing my matches.   

So please add Davie Thrift to your list of favorite thrift stores.  Just follow these 4 easy steps:

1.)    Clean out your garage, closets, drawers.
2.)    Donate your items to Davie Thrift.
3.)    While you’re there………………SHOP!
4.)    In a couple of weeks – repeat steps 1-3!!


HEADS UP:  If you decide to visit Davie Thrift, tell Stacey that the lady with the one-eyed cat says HI! 

p.s.  I also got this authentic French cup towel.  I saw them when I was in the south of France.  So every time I dry a dish, I'm whisked away to Cordes-sur-ciel!!

6 comments:

  1. Looks like a good one! I used to donate to a humane society's thrift store that was named Pick of the Litter--always thought that was the best name!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I wanna go to Davie's gosh darn it. I love animals too. My German Shepherd is my son! Glad to have connected with you. =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great write up, and the pics look good too, I like what you did with the candle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Roberta, this t.s. sounds too good to be true - I wish Stacey & Co. would take over the world!!! Speaking of 'Pick of the Litter'... hats off to you for the fun new name - Nifty Thrifties - I love it x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much, everyone for stopping by and leaving your comments.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea for a thrift store to specifically gear all profits towards needy animals. This is along the line of a Food Bank for Pets and I love it! Yeah for people with compassion!

    ReplyDelete

Never Used - What a Deal!

Never Used - What a Deal!
"Let's go camping!"