Something for Everyone!

Monday, October 25, 2010

Thrift Store With a Name!

I'm back from my blogging leave-of-absence and even though I've been thrifting, I haven't been to any new thrift stores. However..................yesterday my son told me that a friend of his was bragging about the best thrift store ever. Albert (my son) told him it couldn't beat the one we go to in Hollywood. So this friend - let's call him Paul, took Albert to his thrift store in Hialeah to prove to him this was the mother-load of thrift stores. As Albert was telling me the story he went into his room and dragged out a big white garbage bag. But there was no garbage in this garbage bag! Albert plucked stuff from the bag like a kid (he's 24) pulling his favorite toys from the toy box. The first and most exciting item for him was the pair of Versace shoes. They were in gently used condition and only $14. My son is a name-brand kinda' guy so to him, he had struck gold. I had to admit - they were nice. He also got some name-brand jeans, a baseball cap and some other bits and pieces. But his great find for the day was definitely the shoes.

I'm not a name-brand kinda' girl, unless I'm going to resell it, so I'm not likely going to drive all the way down to Hialeah to visit this amazing thrift store. If I'm in the area, I'll definitely stop and have a rummage. Who knows, I may find a Tiffany tiara!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Never Used - What a Deal!

Never Used - What a Deal!
"Let's go camping!"