Something for Everyone!

Friday, March 18, 2011

DUST AND FUR ARE JUST PROTECTIVE COVERINGS!



It’s pretty pathetic when you have to vacuum your vacuum. 
I had such an accumulation of fur and dust on my canister vac -
that’s exactly what I had to do.  I thought my cats shed a lot –
they do but it’s nothing compared to our Doberman-lab mix
Maybe.  When I scratch her white chest it’s like snow-flurries
sifting onto our dark laminate floor.  And it doesn’t matter how much
we brush her, she manages to drop gobs of hair wherever she roams!
   
I didn’t know an animal could shed so much and not be bald.  I sweep,
dust mop and vacuum with my rechargeable Black & Decker stick vac every
single day. Then I lug out the heavy, duty, Range-Rover-of-a-vac every
couple of weeks to suck up any dirt, dust & debris I missed while using
the lightweight artillery.  It’s not a pretty sight – this once bright, cherry red,
sucking machine now looks like an old gray mare.  If the lady who lived in the
Great Expectations’ house had a vacuum, this would be it.  So I take a few
minutes to remove the thick, dusty layer from the vac before redirecting the
nozzle to a more monumental task – ridding my house of hair,
‘here baby, there mamma, everywhere daddy, daddy – HAIR’!

Let me put this all into perspective.  It’s a lot of work, a constant
battle between woman and fur.  But when Maybe stares at me so lovingly
with those big brown eyes, I melt…and keep on vacuuming.   

So I have a challenge for you, dear reader – help me come up with a way to turn
this hair into money!  Then I can hire someone and I won't have any more bad hair days.



1 comment:

  1. Aw, Maybe is so cute. Our dog sheds just as much. Five minutes after I've swept the whole house there are flying fur bunnies again. And when I sweep, I get enough fur to fill the whole kitchen garbage can! It would be great to figure out how to turn it into money - making toupees? Knitting dog fur blankets? Hm....

    ReplyDelete

Never Used - What a Deal!

Never Used - What a Deal!
"Let's go camping!"